Giwa had earlier told journalists that he will take over the leadership of the federation on Monday.
“My coming here is to confirm the ruling of the court that we got on April 8, 2016. It has been in the news, getting to one month today, that we got a ruling from the high court in Jos restoring all the orders granted to us sometimes in 2014 after we relisted the case. The ruling gave me the permit and the right to be here today. I didn’t come in here with police; as you are aware, policemen have been here to do their duty of guarding the premises. By the grace of God, by Monday I am going to address the press here (NFF secretariat),” he said.
Amaju Pinnick and Giwa have been engaged in a tussle for the leadership of the federation, but the latest crisis started in April.
No comments:
Post a Comment